Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Acnesol Gel
Acne can be caused onto the skin due to bacterial infection. This makes the skin itchy and unattractive. Most of the young age group adolescents are facing this acne problem. They try every remedy to get rid of pimples but it sometimes fail. Therefore, to solve their skin bacterial infection problem, Acnesol Gel is prescribed to get the glowing and smooth skin. Acnesol Gel is efficacious in treating mild to severe acne problems in adults. Generic Clindamycin is a healing component found in Acnesol gel.
Working Of Acnesol Gel
Acnesol Gel is composed of generic Clindamycin topical as the active component. Clindamycin binds to 50S ribosomal subunits of bacteria and lowers the protein synthesis. It is indicated that Clindamycin binds the 23S subunit of RNA, bring down the concentration of free fatty acids onto the skin, and hold back the production of Propionibacterium acne and prevents acne formation on the skin.
Dosing Scheme To Apply Acnesol Gel
A thin-layered film of Acnesol Gel 1% is applied topically to the infected area twice a day, i.e. morning and evening. Rinse the affected areas properly with mild soap or cleanser and dry properly before applying for the medicine. Allow the medicine to dry completely. Do not cover the medicated area until asked by the doctor. In case if once application of dose is missed by chance, apply it as soon as remember but if it is almost time for another dose, skip the missed dose, and go back on the regular dosing schedule.
Drugs Interaction With Acnesol Gel
- Antibiotic drugs along with the use of Acnesol Gel may cause diarrhea.
- Skin products containing alcoholic ingredients, astringents, or lime should not be used along with Acnesol medicine.
- Non-depolarizing muscle relaxants such as Succinylcholine or Vecuronium increases the side effects of Clindamycin medicine
- Erythromycin as it decreases the therapeutic effect of Acnesol Gel.
Contraindications Along With Acnesol Gel Medication
Acnesol gel is strictly contradicted in the medical conditions like inflammation of intestine or ulcerative colitis. One should not put Acnesol to use if he ever had encountered diarrhea problem with the use of any antibiotic drug. The person should not rely on Acnesol Gel if some hypersensitivity to the generic Clindamycin or any other ingredient observed.
Side Effects Encountered With The Use Of Acnesol Gel
The unwanted side issues that are observed while the use of Acnesol may include mild burning, itching sensation, oily skin, dryness of treated skin, redness.
Preventive Measures For Applying Acnesol Gel
- Keep away from smoking habit while using Acnesol Gel as the content of the foam may be flammable.
- Do not use any other skin products either medicated along with Acnesol Gel without the consultancy with doctors.
- Remain yourself away from skin products such as harsh soaps, shampoos, skin cleanser, hair color, waxes etc as these may cause severe irritation.
- The breastfeeding mother should keep herself away from the use of Clindamycin topical as these effects the newborn baby.
- The adolescents below the age of 12 years should use the medicine only after prescribed by a doctor.
- Do not apply Acnesol gel on open wounds, chapped, dry, sunburned or irritated skin.