Your Cart Is Empty!
- Home /
- Buy Alphagan Eye Drops Online - Generic Brimonidine Eye Drops
Brief Overview About Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops)
You could effectively treat your major eye problems like ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma condition. Alphagan eye drops can be instilled in the affected eyes to retain their eyesight. Alphagan drops reduce the amount of fluid that gives a decrease in the eye. Alphagan eye drops are composed of a therapeutic agent Generic Brimonidine that helps in decreasing pressure in the eye.
Mechanism of Action for Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops)
Brimonidine is the active therapeutic moiety that falls in the category of an alpha-adrenergic receptor agonist (primarily alpha-2) drugs. The generic Brimonidine shows two mechanisms of action by dropping down aqueous humor production and giving an increase in the uveoscleral outflow. This result in the decreased eye liquid and giving enhanced eyesight.
Dosing scheme for Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops)
The dosing strength of Alphagan Brimonidine eye drops comes as 0.2%, 0.15%, and 0.1% ophthalmic solution. Alphagan eye drops are to be instilled in the dose of a single drop for three times in a day. The gap between two doses should be approximately 8 hours. If two ophthalmic treatments are going on simultaneously, then use the second one apparently after 5 to 10 minutes of the instillation of the first one.
Missed dose: Do not make the intake of two doses at a single time. If by chance missed the dose, take it as soon as clicked into your head else skip the dose if time to take the second dose comes up.
Drug interactions with Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops)
Some of the drugs that can interact with other drugs including:
- Antidepressant-like Amitriptyline, Bupropion, Clomipramine
- MAO inhibitor such as Isocarboxazid, Linezolid
- Heart or blood pressure medicine such as Amlodipine, Diltiazem, Methyldopa
- Digoxin, Digitalis
Contradictory factors with Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops)
- Never use Alphagan Brimonidine eye drops if you are allergic to generic Brimonidine or any other ingredient of the drug.
- Never use Alphagan Brimonidine eye drops in the eye if suffering from any medical conditions like congestive heart failure, depression, history of a blood clot.
- Never use Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops) in an infected eye.
Preventive measures with Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops)
- Do not instill Alphagan eye drops in the children below the age of 2 years.
- Do not instill Alphagan Brimonidine eye drops when you are pregnant without consulting the doctor.
- Do not instill Alphagan Brimonidine eye drops when the woman is on her lactation period unless advised by a doctor.
- Do not instill Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops) if the liquid has changes its color or contains foreign particles in it.
- Do not instill Alphagan Brimonidine eye drops if contact lenses are inserted in the eyes.
Safety tips with Alphagan Eye Drops (Brimonidine Drops)
Numerous side issues that can be observed along with the use of Alphagan Brimonidine eye drops like the blurring of vision, drowsiness, tired feeling, heat sensation, dry mouth, mild itching, mild sensation, redness or itching of an eye.