Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
Ambien 10 MG Tablets is popular prescription medication for the treatment of Insomnia. It is a potent drug of class sedative-hypnotics. Ambien 10 mg tablets generate a tranquilizing effect in the brain which is helpful to make a patient sleep with ease at night.
Use Ambien if you are suffering from underlined condition:
- Trouble sleeping
- Severe insomnia
Ambien tablets 10 mg lowers the action within the brain, and it incorporates complete sleep. Available in controlled release formulation it is useful for the treatment of both short-term treatment of sleep disorder and acute insomnia.
Mechanism Of Action Of Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
Ambien 10 mg tablets enclosing Generic Zolpidem as active pharmaceutical ingredient. As a controlled release tablet Zolpidem has a rapid onset but short duration of hypnotic action. Ambien tablets 10 mg shows its therapeutic benefit by regulating the benzodiazepine receptor within the GABAA receptor chloride channel macromolecular complex. It has strong sedative action but only minimal anxiolytic, or anticonvulsant properties.
The Dosing Plan Of Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
The best recommended dosage: 10mg/day.
Mode of Administration: It is an orally administered tablet. Take Ambien tablets 10 mg with good amount of water before sleep. It can be take with or without food.
For Insomnia: Starting dose of 6.25 mg in case of women and 6.25 mg or 12.5 mg in case of male patients. Take one time at night prior to bedtime with at least 7-8 hours remaining before the time of awakening.
- In case the medication is Ineffective: On your doctor's recommendations increase the dosage up to 12.5 mg.
- The maximum recommended dose: 12.5 mg/day immediately before sleep time.
Contraindications Of Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
- If you are allergic to Zolpidem generic or any of its ingredients.
- DO NOT use Ambien tablets 10 mg if you are also using sodium oxybate, or you are taking any other sleep inducing medication.
- NOT RECOMMENDED for pregnant or breast feeding mothers.
- In the presence of medical malady like as of sleep apnea, hepatic or renal impairment, myasthenia gravis, lung diseases, history of mental illness, depression and drug addiction, a patient requires taking doctor consultation before using Zolpidem.
Drug Interaction With Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
- Flumazenil reverses the sedative/hypnotic effect of Zolpidem.
- Increased depressant effects w/ CNS depressants
- Increased plasma concentration w/ Itraconazole, Ketoconazole.
- May decrease plasma concentration of carbamazepine.
- Reduced hypnotic effect w/ rifampicin.
- Increased risk of prolonged sedation and respiratory depression w/ ritonavir.
Signs Of Side Effects Shown By A Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
Ill Admistration or over dosage of the medication Ambien tablets 10 mg may cause unwanted side effects as under:
- Irregular cardiac beats
- Tired feeling
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Lack of coordination
- Lightheaded feeling
You may consult your health care provider if any of these become bothersome and complete stop Ambien tablets 10 mg usage.
Essential Precautionary Measure With Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
- Ambien tablets 10 mg alters your thinking process; hence use it cautiously when you are performing any task that requires alertness.
- Avoid Grape fruit juice, alcohol and smoking with Ambien tablets 10 mg.
- Avoid any activity that requires mental alertness.
- Prohibit the alcoholic usage once you are also taking Ambien tablets 10 mg.
Proper Storage Conditions of Ambien 10 MG Tablets (Zolpidem 10mg)
Do not freeze the drug and store Ambien tablets 10 mg at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep away from small children reach.
- Effective sleeping pill Review by Smith