Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel)
Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) is topical treatment for acne prone skin. Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) is an antibiotic formulation that works by stopping the growth of bacteria and ultimately decreases the number of acne lesions on skin. It belongs to 3 main therapeutic categories: Anti-Acne Preparations for Topical Use, Anti-Bacterial Agents and Cytochrome P-450 CYP3A Inhibitors.
Indication of Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel)
- Used topically to treat acne.
- For the treatment of serious infections caused by susceptible anaerobic bacteria, including Bacteroides spp., anaerobic streptococci, Peptostreptococcus, Clostridium spp., and Microaerophilic streptococci.
- May be useful in polymicrobic infections.
The Mechanism of Action of Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel)
Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) encloses Clindamycin as generic. It inhibits protein synthesis by reversibly binding to the 50S ribosomal subunit, thus blocking the transpeptidation or translocation reactions of susceptible organisms resulting to stunted cell growth.
- Absorption: Skin approx 4-5
- Distribution: Widely distributed in body fluids and tissues, including bone. Crosses the placenta and enters breast milk.
- Metabolism: Undergoes hepatic metabolism to the active N-demethyl and sulfoxide metabolites and some inactive metabolites.
- Excretion: Via urine as active drug approx 10%; feces approx 4%
- Plasma half-life: 2-3 hr.
Dosing Schedule Of Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) For Topical Cutaneous Treatment
Use 1% preparation and apply a thin layer onto affected area bid.
- Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) is for topical use on the skin only.
- First clean and dry the affected area with mild soap or just water.
- Cover the affected and surrounding area with a thin film of Erytop 1% Gel.
- Gel works best if it is used at the same time each day.
- Continue to use Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
Do Not Use Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) In Case Of Underlined Contraindications
- Discontinue use of topical Cleocin-t/Erytop 1% gel and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Clindamycin, Lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
Drug Interaction Of Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) Is As Under
- May enhance the action of neuromuscular blocking agents - Atracurium
- May antagonize the effects of parasympathomimetics
- May competitively inhibit the effects of Macrolide, Ketolides, Streptogramins, Linezolide and Chloramphenicol.
- Increased bleeding w/ Vitamin K antagonists - Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione.
Attention – In case of Pregnant or Breast Feeding Mothers:
Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) belongs to pregnancy Category B. Its use during pregnancy and lactation is also generally advised against. For more clarification, you may consult your health care provider.
Signs Of Side Effects Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel)
In addition to its intended effect, Ill administration of Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) may cause some unwanted effects too. In such cases, you must seek medical attention immediately.
- Scaly skin Major Rare
- Irritated eyes
- Increased thirst
- Burning or peeling of skin
- Dryness, itching
- Rashes, hives, oiliness
- Blood or mucus in stools, severe diarrhea
- Allergic reactions (hives, rash, itching)
This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. Please inform your doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to the medication.
Some Noteworthy Precautionary measures of Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel)
- Consult your doctor before applying any other skin care product.
- Do not cease the use of this drug in between, as it will be less effective.
- Keep the lid tightly closed after each use.
- Use until your skin condition improves.
- Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) should not be applied to children who are less than 12 years.
Storage Conditions of Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel)
Store Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) between 20-25°C. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
Where To Buy Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel)
You can Order Cleocin-T Gel (Erytop 1% Gel) Online from our drugstore at the economic rates and avail maximum offers with your each purchase.