Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Description About Clomid 50mg/100mg
Clomid 50mg/100mg consists of generic Clomiphene Citrate as a generic drug. Clomiphene is the best drug, which is used for management of the (PCOD) Polycystic ovarian disorder. Under normal conditions ovaries also produces a few male hormones. Due to PCOD ovaries of females' starts making more androgens or male hormones that prevent normal ovulation. This tablet is a non-steroidal fertility drug and forces pituitary gland to release hormones that are essential for ovulation in females. This drug is proven very effective for curing fertility in PCOD patients.
How Clomid 50mg/100mg Tablets Works?
Clomiphene functions as a stimulant that causes the release of these three hormones:
- Follicle stimulating hormones
- Luteinizing hormones
Discharge of these hormones results in maturation of ovarian follicle causes ovulation. Hence results in pregnancy.
How To Consume Clomid 50mg/100mg Tablets?
Clomid tablet is commercially available in the dosage strength of 50 mg and 100 mg. This tablet is consumed with a low dose of 50 mg once a day, which is continued for 5 days. If ovulation does not appear to occur after the therapy of 5 days, the dose should be increased to 100 mg daily for 5 days. The maximum recommended dose is 100 mg for five days. If the patient does not improve after three courses of therapy, further treatment with this medicine is not advised.
When Should You Not Use Clomid 50mg/100mg Tablets?
Under these medical conditions, Clomid is not advised:
- Patients who are hypersensitive or allergic to generic Clomiphene.
- Liver disease.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding.
- With enlarged ovarian cyst (Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome)not because of PCOD.
- Uncontrolled thyroid.
- Adrenal dysfunction such as a pituitary tumor.
What Are The Undesired Effects Seen In Patients Using Clomid 50mg/100mg Tablets?
- Bloating of the stomach
- Pelvic pain
- Yellowing of the skin
- Blurred vision
These are some common side effects that resolve on their own. These symptoms are seen in one in ten people only. If any of the symptoms worsen, discontinue the use of this medicine, and contact your healthcare provider.
Drug Interactions Of Clomid 50mg/100mg Tablets?
Drugs interactions augment your risk of side effects these drugs are as follows:
- Aromatase inhibitors such as Anastrozole.
- ACE inhibitors that increase potassium concentration in the body.
- NSAID such as Ibuprofen.
Safety Precaution That To Be Taken While Consuming Clomid 50mg/100mg Tablets Are As Follows:
- The patient should go through proper pelvic tests, before starting therapy with Clomid.
- Avoid driving a car or operating any machinery, as there are chances of visual symptoms like flashes or spots. These symptoms are reversible but can become permanent if therapy is continued. These visual symptoms are due to prolongation of afterimages.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, grapefruit or its juice while consuming Clomid, as it can result in an increase of dizziness.
- Avoid using this medicine if you have a medical history of hyperlipidemia.