Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg)
Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg) is an antiepileptic drug that is used to cure seizures in adults and children. Seizures or fits are a brief description of signs and symptoms that can occur because of the abnormal neuronal activity in the brain. Along with the treatment of seizures, Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg) is also used to treat another medical problem like panic disorder in adults. Clonotril is supposed to balance the unbalanced chemicals in the brain and produces relaxation and sedative effects.
What Is The Mechanism Of Action Of Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg) In The Body?
Clonazepam is the generic name given to the medicine Clonotril 2 MG Tablets. Clonazepam is a drug that comes into the classification of benzodiazepines. These are supposed to enhance the GABA activity by making an increase in the GABA affinity for GABAA receptor. This further persuades the chloride influx at GABA receptor channels resulting in sedation and inducing sleep.
Which Dosing Scheme For Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg) Is To Be Followed?
The dosing strength accessible for Clonotril is 2mg. The medication of Clonotril is taken orally with a glassful of water. The initial dose of Clonotril is 1.5 mg per day that is to be divided into three doses. Following each 3rd day, a small addition of 0.5 mg to 1 mg is done unless seizures are under a controlled situation. The maximum dose of Clonotril for a single day should not exceed the limit of 20 mg. The duration of medication should not exceed 9 weeks without doctor's advice.
What Are The Drug Interactions With Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg)?
Various drugs are found to interact with Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam tablets and show various side effects. Some of them are listed below:
- Medicines like Orlistat and Sodium Oxybate are likely to interact with Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam tablets.
- Opioid pain relievers like Codeine, Hydrocodone
- Drugs for sleep or anxiety such as Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem
- Muscle relaxants including Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine
- Antihistaminic drugs such as Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine
What Are The Possible Contradictory Conditions With Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg)?
Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam tablets not to be started along with the enlisted below medical conditions:
- Kidney or liver disorder
- Glaucoma disorder
- Breathing diseases like asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, emphysema
- Porphyria (genetically enzyme disorder)
- Any past of depression, mental illness, or suicidal behavior
- Past addiction to any drug or alcohol
Which Safety Points Are To Remember While Using Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg)?
Some important precautionary measures are to be followed along with the Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam medication:
- Do not take Clonotril medication if allergic to the generic Clonazepam or any ingredient.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol while putting on the medication with Clonotril.
- Older patients are to be given Clonotril with strict cautions as the sedative effects can last longer in them.
- The adolescents below 18-year age should not use Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam tablets for treating any panic disorder.
- Baby should not be breastfed by the mother when she is on medication with Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam tablets.
- A pregnant woman should not put in use Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam medication without the advice of a doctor.
What Can Be The Possible Aftermath Effects Of Clonotril 2 MG Tablets (Clonazepam 2mg) Use?
Some unwanted and short-term side effects with Clonotril 2 MG Clonazepam tablets can include drowsiness, mood swings, hallucinations, confusion, and aggression, the problem in breathing, tiredness, dizziness, loss of memory, and difficulty in making concentration.