Your Cart Is Empty!
A Brief Description Of Crinone Gel (Susten Gel)
Crinone Gel (Susten Gel)consists of generic called generic Progesterone. Progesterone is a hormone, which is required for ovulation and menstruation in women. This gel is used to treat idiopathic secondary amenorrhea (absence of menstrual bleeding in women without reaching to menopause due to the lack of natural progesterone in their body). This gel proved very beneficial for the curing of fertility related disease in females. The crinone gel is used only vaginally and induces menstrual periods in women.
Mechanism Of Action Of Crinone Gel (Susten Gel)
Progesterone is a steroid, which is naturally secreted from the ovary, adrenal gland, and placenta.
- Progesterone binds to receptors of progesterone and estrogen
- After binding with the receptors slows the release of gonadotropin hormone from the hypothalamus
- In women who have an adequate amount of estrogen in their body, Progesterone converts a proliferative endometrial into secretary one.
- This gel helps in the development of deciduous tissue in the body.
- Progesterone causes implantation of the embryo, which is very crucial to maintain the pregnancy.
- After implantation of the embryo, Progesterone maintains the pregnancy.
Dosage Regimen Of Crinone Gel (Susten Gel)
The Crinone gel is commercially available in various dosage strength such as 100 mg, 90 mg, 200 mg, 25 mg, and 400 mg. 90 mg intravaginally, 4% gel, every other day total six doses should be applied.
If no response observed, the administration of the 8% gel every other day for a total of six doses may be used.
- 100 mg administered daily two or three times in a day up to ten weeks of duration.
- 90 mg of the 8% gel should be used once daily intravaginally, for supplementation of progesterone.
- 90 mg of the 8% gel twice daily should be used intravaginally, in the case of ovarian failures.
- If pregnancy occurs, therapy should be continued until 10 to 12 weeks.
- This gel can be rubbed properly as directed.
Contraindications Of Crinone Gel (Susten Gel)
Application of Crinone sustain gel is not advised in following medical conditions such as liver dysfunction or disease, Missed abortion, Hypersensitive or allergic to generic medicine Progesterone, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, Hyperlipidemia, Malignancy of female reproductive organs, and medical history of Thrombophlebitis or Thromboembolic disorders.
Side Effects Of The Crinone Gel (Susten Gel)Are As Follows
Some effects are observed in patients while using this gel is as follows:
- Fever, chills, chest pain, problems with urination.
- A cough or hoarseness of voice.
- Cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Swelling of the breast.
- Weight gain because progesterone causes fluid retention.
One in ten people only feel these effects. These effects resolve on their own. If these effects still persist of tends to worsen with time discontinue the use of this gel and contact your health care, provider.
Safety Precaution To Be Followed While Application Of Crinone Gel (Susten Gel)
- Women should always go through a physical examination of pelvic organs and breast before starting the treatment.
- Avoid using this gel if you are suffering from a condition like asthma, epilepsy, renal dysfunction, and migraine, as this medication can result in fluid retention.
- Avoid using this drug if you have a history of depression, as it can worsen your condition.
- Avoid using Crinone gel if you are suffering from diabetes because of this drug results in a decrease in glucose tolerance level in patients.
- The Crinone gel should not use in children younger than 18 years of age and adults over 65 years of age.
Drug Interaction Of Crinone Gel (Susten Gel) Is As Follows
Ketoconazole increases the bioavailability of progesterone in the body, and hinder with the action of this gel.