Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules
Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules is a prestigious product reputed for the effective treatment of certain types of endometriosis and fibrocystic breast disease. It is also used to prevent attacks of HAE (hereditary Angioedema). Endometriosis is characterized by the growth of tissues outside the endometrium that were supposed to be inside it. Ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus are the areas that are most affected by Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules. The most evident symptoms are pelvic pain and infertility. Fibrocystic breast condition is a frequently occurring condition of females in which there is lumpiness in one or both breasts. Danazol is a man made steroid that works by decreasing the severity of these conditions by blocking the responsible hormones.
How Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules works inside body?
Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules has many modes of action. One way by which it shows its effect is by depressing the preovulatory surge in the production of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH), which are responsible for these conditions, thereby reducing ovarian estrogen production. The other way of working is by causing both normal and ectopic endometrial tissues to become inactive and leading to tissue death. In fibrocystic breast disease, the effects are associated to the reduced estrogenic stimulation because of decreased ovarian production of estrogen. A direct effect on the affected breast tissues is also possible.
Dosing Information of Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules
Danazol is available in tablet formulation, which is meant to be taken with ample amount of water. Ingest 100 mg to 200 mg of Danazol taken two times a day for the treatment of endometriosis. In severe cases of endometriosis, a patient may start the therapy with 400 mg taken two times a day. For positive results, the therapy should be continued uninterrupted for three to six months, in certain cases it may extend up to 9 months.
For the treatment of fibrocystic breast disease, ingest 50 mg to 200 mg of Danazol taken orally twice a day.
Contraindications of Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules
Certain contradictory conditions of Danazol 50mg, 100mg are
- Porphyria, a blood disease
- An androgen-dependent tumor
- Severe Kidney, Liver or Heart impairment
- If you are allergic to Danazol
- Diagnosed or undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
- Blood clot or stroke
Drug Interactions of Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules
Certain drugs that may be harmful when taken together with Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules are
- Atorvastatin, Lovastatin, Simvastatin
How To Store Of Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules?
The proper storage of Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules should be done between 15 degree to 30 degree Celsius. Do not store it in heat, moisture, and light. Keep Danazol out of the reach of children and away from pets.
What Are The Side Effects Related To Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules?
The most occurring side effects related to the use of Danazol are acne, dark-colored urine, skin oiliness, muscle spasms, weight gain, swelling of upper or lower limbs, unusual tiredness or weakness, redness of the skin, mood or mental changes and nervousness.
What Are The Precautionary Measures To Be Taken While Using Danazol 50mg, 100mg?
- The fetus can be affected seriously if you take Danazol while you are pregnant. Do not use this drug if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- It is suggested that you should go through a pregnancy test before starting this therapy.
- Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules can be taken with or without food.
- Do not take alcohol while relying to this therapy as certain side effects may get aggravated.
- The use of this therapy may induce drowsiness in few, so stay alert while driving or doing any such activity.
- Do not stop the therapy mid way; it may take some time for Danazol 50mg / 100mg Capsules to show its effects.
- Danazol may affect the blood sugar levels, so it is advised that you keep a track of the blood sugar level while undergoing this therapy.