Your Cart Is Empty!
Concise Overview Of Danazol 200mg Tablets
Danazol 200mg Tablet is the most prescribed drug for the treatment of certain types of endometriosis and fibrocystic breast disease. It is also used to prevent attacks of hereditary Angioedema (HAE). Endometriosis is a condition, which is characterized by the growth of tissues outside the endometrium that were supposed to be inside it. This is mostly found in ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus. The strongest symptoms are pelvic pain and infertility. Fibrocystic breast condition is a common condition of females in which there is lumpiness in one or both breasts. Danazol is a synthetic steroid that works by decreasing the severity of these conditions by blocking certain hormones.
How Danazol 200mg Tablets Works Inside Body?
Danazol works in many ways. It works by depressing the preovulatory surge in output of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone which are responsible for these conditions, thereby reducing ovarian estrogen production. It has its effects on endometriosis also by causing both normal and ectopic endometrial tissues to become inactive and by causing its death. In fibrocystic breast disease, the effects are associated to the reduced estrogenic stimulation because of decreased ovarian production of estrogen. A direct effect on the affected breast tissues is also possible.
Dosing Information Of Danazol 200mg Tablets
Danazol is available in tablet formulation and it should be taken with water. For the treatment of endometriosis, ingest 100 mg to 200 mg of Danazol taken two times a day. In severe cases of endometriosis a patient may start the therapy with 400 mg taken two times a day. For positive results the therapy should be continued uninterrupted for three to six months, in certain cases it may extend up to 9 months.
For the treatment of fibrocystic breast disease, ingest 50 mg to 200 mg of Danazol taken orally twice a day.
Contraindications Of Danazol 200mg Tablets
Certain contradictory conditions of Danazol are
- If you are allergic to Danazol
- Diagnosed or undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
- Porphyria, a blood disease
- An androgen-dependent tumor
- Severe Kidney, Liver or Heart impairment
- Blood clot or stroke
Drug Interactions Of Danazol 200mg Tablets
Certain drugs that may be harmful when taken together with Danazol are
- Atorvastatin, Lovastatin, Simvastatin
What Are The Side Effects Related To Danazol 200mg Tablets?
Certain side effects that are related to the use of Danazol are acne, dark-colored urine, skin oiliness, muscle spasms, weight gain, swelling of upper or lower limbs, unusual tiredness or weakness, redness of the skin, mood or mental changes and nervousness.
What Are The Precautionary Measures To Be Taken While Using Danazol 200mg Tablets?
- Do not use Danazol if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant as it may cause serious damages to the fetus.
- It is recommended that you should go through a pregnancy test before starting this therapy.
- This drug can be taken with or without food.
- Do not take alcohol while relying to this therapy as certain side effects may get aggravated.
- This may induce drowsiness in few, so stay alert while driving or doing any such activity.
- Do not stop the therapy mid way; it may take some time for Danazol to show its effects.
- Keep a watch on your blood sugar as Danazol may affect the blood sugar levels.