Your Cart Is Empty!
Concise Overview Of Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets
Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablet is a highly rated drug from the treatment of Hyperprolactinemia of Idiopathic or Pituitary adenoma origin. The condition of Hyperprolactinemia is a tedious one and is the cause of infertility in both males and females. It is characterized by the increased secretion of Prolactin hormone that may lead to increased breast milk production and missed menses in females and enlargements of breast and infertility, and decrease in libido in males. Dostinex is also used to prevent milk production or lactation in cases where a medical case arises.
How Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets Works Inside Body?
Generic Cabergoline is an ergot derivative and it works as a long-acting dopamine (D2) receptor agonist. It shows direct action on Prolactin secretion which is done by lactotroph cells of pituitary glands. It works by inhibiting the Dopaminergic receptor (D2) that results in inhibition of Prolactin release from hypothalamus pituitary axis.
Posology Of Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets
Take the recommended dosage of Dostinex tablets to start the therapy is 0.25 mg twice a week. Increase the dose by 0.25 mg twice weekly up to a dosage of 1 mg twice a week according to the response.
What Are The Contradictory Situations Of Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets?
Certain contraindications of Dostinex 0.25mg are
- Allergic towards Cabergoline or to Ergot derivatives
- Abnormally high or low blood pressure
- History of Heart valve problems
- Hepatic failure
- Renal dysfunction
- Other cardiac related issues
Name Of Certain Medicines That May Interact With Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets
Certain drugs that interact with Dostinex 0.25mg are
What Are The Side Effects Related To Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets?
The most common side effects of Dostinex are rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, back pain, behavior changes, burning, numbness, chest pain, confusion, decreased urination and fainting.
Certain Precautionary Measures To Be Taken Care Of While Using Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets
- Do not use this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- Dostinex may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Exercise caution while using Dostinex 0.25mg in children.
- Dostinex may cause fainting, dizziness and lightheadedness in few or the patients. Hot weather, alcohol etc may increase these effects. Sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning until you know how you react with this drug.
Storage Of Dostinex 0.25 mg Tablets
Do not store this drug in hot and humid place. Store this drug in cool and dry place at room temperature. Keep the drug at a place where children's cannot find it, as this product is not meant to be taken by children.