Your Cart Is Empty!
A General Summary Of Dostinex 0.5mg Tablets
Dostinex 0.5mg Tablet is a brand name of generic medicine known as generic Cabergoline. It is indicated for the treatment of high levels of prolactin hormone in your body. Prolactin hormone is responsible for the production of milk in response to the suckling of young after birth. If levels of prolactin hormone get increased in the woman's body then it may cause some symptoms like unwanted breast milk, missed periods, and makes it difficult for a woman to become pregnant. In men, it is used to treat some symptoms like enlarged breasts and decreased sensual ability/desire
Mechanism Of Action Of Dostinex 0.5mg Tablets
Cabergoline is placed in a category of medicines known as an ergot derivative. It is a potent dopamine receptor agonist on D2 receptors. It works by blocking the discharge of prolactin from the pituitary gland. It is recommended as a first-line agent in the treatment of prolactinomas due to its higher affinity for D2 receptor sites. In this way, it reduces the level of prolactin hormone in the body.
The Dosing Recommendation For Dostinex 0.5mg Tablets
The suggested dosage of DOSTINEX Tablets for the beginning of therapy is 0.25 mg two times a week. You may consume this medicine through the mouth with a colossal amount of water. Depending on your tolerability, a dose of this medicine may be enhanced to 0.5 mg two times in a week up to a dosage of 1 mg two times a week. Before enhancing the strength of Dostinex tablet, it is advised to check serum prolactin level. Remember, the treatment with Dostinex can be started only after cardiovascular evaluation and echocardiography should be regarded to evaluate for valvular disease. Dosage strength should not increase rapidly than every 4 weeks. In case, if the patient does not react effectively, and no advantage is observed with higher doses, the minimum dose that achieved maximal response should be advised.
In case, if a normal serum prolactin level of a patient has been maintained for 6 months, then Dostinex medicine may be discontinued, with periodic monitoring of the serum prolactin level.
Contraindicating Factors Of Dostinex 0.5mg Tablets
- Dostinex tablets are highly restricted in case of liver, kidney or heart disease as intake of this medicine may cause worsening of the side effects.
- In the case of hypersensitivity to Generic Cabergoline, you are not allowed to use brand Dostinex tablets.
Unwanted Effects Of The Dostinex 0.5mg Tablets
A person may face some of the side effects of Dostinex that may include gas, unsettled stomach, constipation; a headache, depressed mood; vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, gas, dizziness, spinning sensation; drowsiness, nervousness; numbness or tingly feeling; or dry mouth. These noxious effects may pass soon as time passes.
Warning And Preventive Measures For Dostinex 0.5mg Tablets
- Tell your medical history before your doctor prescribes you Dostinex tablets.
- Dostinex tablets may sometimes cause lightheadedness so it is advised not to drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires attentiveness of mind until you are sure you can do such activities safely.
- Limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages with Dostinex tablets as it may enhance the chances of risks associated with this medicine.