Your Cart Is Empty!
What Is The Use Of Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
Estrace/Progynova Tablets contains generic Estradiol as its chief component, which is a synthetic form of estrogen. Estradiol comes from the category of estrogen replacement therapy. Estrogen is a natural hormone produced in the ovaries of females. After reaching menopause, the production of estrogen and progesterone in ovaries is reduced. Estrace/ Progynova are used for the treatment of symptoms of menopause as hot flashes, vaginal burning, dryness, and irritation. It is also used in the prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal females and in the case of women with ovarian failure that lack the natural estrogen, for the replacement of estrogen.
What Is The Mechanism Of Action Of Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
Estradiol acts on the target cell receptor and controls the gene transcription that causes the formation of messenger RNA. Estrogen changes the secretion of the luteinizing hormone, Gonadotropin, and follicle-stimulating hormone. Estrogen acts by decreasing the increased hormone levels of these hormones in postmenopausal women.
What Is The Dosing Regimen Of Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
You can administer 0.45 mg to 2 mg of Estrace orally with water once in a day. Avoid the grapefruit along with Estrace as this can cause side effects.
Missed dose: In case, you forget a dose then take it as soon as possible. Otherwise, skip it if it is almost the time near to the scheduled dose. However, never double the dose.
Overdose: contact a doctor immediately after taking the overdose.
What Are The Side Effects Of Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
Bloating of the stomach, stomach cramps, vaginal itching, headache, irritability, breast pain loss, nausea, vomiting, and weight changes are the common side effects of using Estrace.
What Are The Contraindications Of Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
- It is contrary to use Estrace in case you are suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver, bleeding, cancer or heart patient.
- It is contrary to use this medicine during pregnancy and lactation period as it can cause harmful effects to the unborn and nursing baby.
- A woman who has allergies to any of the ingredients of Estrace should not use it because this will further worsen the conditions should not use Estrace tablets.
- It is contrary to use Estrace with other medicine as this can cause drug interaction, which will alter the efficiency and safety of medicine.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
A drug interaction causes the increase in side effects and alters the efficiency of medicine. Following are the some of the drugs causing drug interactions with Estrace:
What Are The Precautions Of Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
- Use this medicine only for the prescribed time. Its long-term use may also cause breast cancer.
- While using Estrace go for regular mammograms and even you should self-examine your breasts for lumps every month.
- Estrace may increase the chances of uterine cancer. Contact your physician if you suffer unusual vaginal bleeding with the use of this medicine.
What Are The Storage Conditions Estrace/Progynova Tablets?
- Store Estrace tablets at a cool place away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Always keep the bottle of Estrace tightly closed.