Your Cart Is Empty!
What Is The Role Of Evalon Vaginal Cream?
Evalon Vaginal Cream is an astounding medication used for the treatment of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women. Evalon cream is a part of HRT (hormone replacement therapy) that treats atrophic vaginitis, which is a common symptom of menopause, caused by a lack of estrogen hormone. Evalon cream treats the symptoms of vaginal atrophy such as itching, dryness and shrinking of vaginal wall and inflammation that can make coitus difficult and painful. Evalon cream also prevents the occurrence of urinary and vaginal infections from occurring.
What Is The Mode Of Action Of Evalon Vaginal Cream?
Evalon cream consists of generic Estriol as the main functional constituent. Estrogen belongs to the class of steroid hormone produced by the ovaries that bind to specific estrogen receptors and stimulates them to form proteins involved in producing secondary sexual characteristics. This includes thickening of the vaginal wall and increasing vaginal secretion. estriol is gradually released and absorbed into the vaginal skin layer where it reverses the changes in the vagina by stimulating thickening of the skin, dropping inflammation and restoring the physiological pH and normal bacteria in the vagina thereby preventing urinary and vaginal infections.
What Is The Dosing Regimen Of Evalon Vaginal Cream?
Evalon cream is commercially available in a dosing strength of 1%w/v. to treat the problems of vaginal atrophy apply Evalon cream topically in the vagina with the help of the applicator, once day , before going to bed for the 1st week. After one week, apply once or twice a week or once every two weeks as instructed.
What Are The Contraindications Of Evalon Vaginal Cream?
- Do not use Evalon cream if you are allergic to estriol or any other ingredient present in this medication.
- If you have a family history of breast carcinoma or endometrial carcinoma, then using Evalon cream is inadvisable.
- If you are suffering from any bleeding disorder or disorders of liver, kidney or heart then using Evalon is inadvisable.
- In the presence of Porphyria, using Evalon cream is inadvisable.
What Are The Probable Drug Interactions Of Evalon Vaginal Cream?
Medications that may interact with Evalon cream are such as anticonvulsants like Phenytoin and Carbamazepine, antibacterial like Rifampicin, Rifabutin, Nevirapine or herbal preparations containing St John's Wort, corticosteroids, and Theophylline for asthma.
What Are The Possible Noxious Effects Seen With Evalon Vaginal Cream?
The possible noxious effects of Evalon cream are itching, stinging sensation, breast tenderness, vaginal discharge and mild breast pain.
What Are The Safety Measures To Follow With The Use Of Evalon Vaginal Cream?
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages and sedatives while using Evalon cream.
- A woman below the age of 18 years or woman who had not undergone menopause should not use Evalon cream.
- Do not douche or use tampons while using Evalon cream.
- Avoid going out in public swimming pools and other areas that may increase your risk of infections while using Evalon cream.