Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Feldene 20 / 10 Mg Capsules (Generic Piroxicam)
Feldene 20 / 10 mg capsules are indicated for the treatment of pain and helps in relieving the signs and symptoms of arthritis (eg, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis), such as inflammation, swelling, stiffness, and joint pain. Generic Piroxicam is the main active constituent present in the brand Feldene 20 / 10 mg capsules. It is placed in a category of medicines known as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It does not cure arthritis but it only reduces pain. It initiates its action by blocking your body's synthesis of certain natural substances that cause inflammation.
Mechanism Of Action Of Feldene 20 / 10 MG Capsules (Generic Piroxicam)
Generic Piroxicam produces an anti-inflammatory effect that is a consequence of the reversible blocking of cyclooxygenase, causing the peripheral resistance of prostaglandin synthesis. An enzyme called Cox-1 synthesizes the prostaglandins. Piroxicam stops the functioning of the Cox-1 enzyme, resulting in the disturbance of making of prostaglandins. Piroxicam also hinders the passage of leukocytes into sites of irritation and stops the creation of thromboxane A2, a collecting agent, by the platelets.
The Dosing Recommendation Of Feldene 20 / 10 MG Capsules (Generic Piroxicam)
The usual dosage for Rheumatoid Arthritis: an Advised dose of Feldene is 20 mg through the mouth via the oral route of administration once a day, with a colossal amount of water. The minimum dose depends on the condition of a patient. The brand Feldene has a long half-life so its effect remains in the body for 2 weeks.
The usual dose for osteoarthritis: Recommended dose for osteoarthritis of Feldene is 20 mg through the mouth per day with plenty of water. You may reduce strength to Feldene 10 mg depending on your requirement.
Contradictory Factors Associated With Feldene 20 / 10 MG Capsules (Generic Piroxicam)
- Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg can be given to a patient who has a history of asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs as intake of this medicine may worsen the medical condition.
- If a person is hypersensitive to any component of Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg then it is advised not to consume this medicine as it may cause unwanted side effects.
Side Effects Associated With Feldene 20 / 10 MG Capsules (Generic Piroxicam)
Remember your doctor has prescribed you Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg, as goods of this medicine are more important for you than the risk of side effects like upset stomach, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, or headache skin itching or rash, blurred vision, and diarrhea. You need not worry if these side effects persist as these side effects may pass soon after passage of time.
Safety Measures To Be Followed With The Use Of Feldene 20 / 10 MG Capsules
- Tell your doctor frankly if any of side effect persists after using the medicine Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg.
- Before taking brand Feldene, tell your doctor about your medical history and drug history as it will help the doctor to better judge that you are able to consume this medicine or not.
- It is advised to drink plenty of water while being on therapy with Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg as it may overcome the problem of dehydration caused due to this medicine.
- Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg may make you dizzy or sleepy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires attentiveness until you are sure you can perform such activities carefully.
- You need to avoid the consumption of alcohol and tobacco with Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg as it may cause unwanted side effects.
- If you are, a pregnant or breastfeeding woman then you need not take Feldene capsules 20 mg / 10 mg or take it only on doctor's recommendation.