Your Cart Is Empty!
- Home /
- Buy Imitrex 50 MG (Suminat) Tablets - Generic Sumatriptan 50 MG Tablets Online
Brief Overview About Imitrex 50 MG Tablets (Sumatriptan 50mg)
Imitrex 50 mg tablets are used to give relief from migraine headaches. Imitrex 50 mg tablets are only effective in a headache, which has already commenced. Imitrex 50 mg tablets are not effective in treating tension headache or any a headache that causes hindrance in the movement of one side body. Imitrex 50 mg tablets does not prevent a headache from occurring nor reduces the number of attacks. Imitrex 50 mg tablets reduce the concentration of substances in the body that prompt migraine symptoms such as sensitivity to light or sound, nausea, or headache pain.
Mechanics Followed By Imitrex 50 MG Tablets (Sumatriptan 50mg)
Generic Sumatriptan is the main active constituent in the marketed product Imitrex tablets 50 mg. Sumatriptan binds to the receptors 5-HT1B and 5HT1D, which are autoreceptors. Sumatriptan acts as an agonist on these 5-HT receptors and causes vasoconstriction of the dilated arteries resulting in the decrease of vascular inflammation that is associated with a migraine headache.
Dosing Information Of Imitrex 50 MG Tablets (Sumatriptan 50mg)
The dose accessible to cure a migraine headache is in the strength of 50 mg tablets taken via the oral route. A single tablet of Imitrex 50 mg is to take when a headache starts to give pain to the person. The next dose can be taken after two hours of the first medication if a headache is not recovered within 2 hours. The maximum dose for a single day should not exceed the limit of 200 mg. The dose above this value gives a greater risk of adverse effects.
Drug Interaction With Imitrex 50 MG Tablets (Sumatriptan 50mg)
A person should not use the following drug while the duration he is relying on Imitrex 50 mg medicine:
- Drugs used to treat depression
- Narcotic medication
- Medicine that is used in the treatment of psychiatric disorder
- Drugs preventing nausea and vomiting
- Ergot drugs like Dihydroergotamine, Ergotamine, and Ergonovine
- Other drugs like Replax, Frovatriptan, or Zolmitriptan
Opposing Factors With Imitrex 50 MG Tablets (Sumatriptan 50mg)
Imitrex tablets 50 mg is not safe if taken in the below depicted medical conditions:
- Coronary artery disorder, chest pain, blood circulation problem, or lack of blood supplied to heart
- If the person is suffering from severe liver dysfunction
- If you are having circulation problems that affect your intestine functioning
- If the patient is previously having untreated or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- If in the past, he had any heart attack, stroke, or any heart-related disorder.
Precautionary Tips To Be Followed With Imitrex 50 MG Tablets (Sumatriptan 50mg)
- Imitrex tablets 50 mg is not supposed to be safe for the individual below the age of 18 years.
- The pregnant woman should always rely on the medicine only if advised by the doctor.
- Some ingredients of Imitrex tablets 50 mg can pass into the breast milk, which if fed to the baby may harm the newborn.
- Alcoholic preparations may alter the therapeutic effects of Imitrex 50 mg medicine.
- Imitrex medication should be discontinued if any hypersensitivity due to ingredients of the drug may occur.
- Any other medication treating migraine headache should be avoided when using Imitrex.
Some Undesired Side Effects With Imitrex 50 MG Tablets (Sumatriptan 50mg)
A person relying on Imitrex tablets 50 mg may encounter some temporary ill effects such as feeling hot or cold, unpleasant taste, burning sensation, numbness, chest pain, dizziness, weakness, runny or stuffy nose.