Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg)
Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg) is used for the treatment of anxiety disorders and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. It is also used in patients undergoing surgeries to reduce the fear and anxiety. Librium 25 MG tablets contain Generic Chlordiazepoxide as its generic moiety, which is a benzodiazepine. It performs its activity by slowing down the activity of the brain.
What Is The Mechanism Of Action Of Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg)?
Chlordiazepoxide attaches to the benzodiazepine binding sites present on GABAA receptor in the central nervous system. This results in an elevated binding of the GABA to the GABAA receptor. Then it increases the GABA-mediated chloride influx and finally membrane hyperpolarization. It ultimately results in producing sedative, anxiolytic, hypnotic, and muscle relaxant effects.
What Is Dosing Regimen Of Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg)?
For the treatment of mild to moderate anxiety, you can take 5-10 mg of Librium orally with water for three-four times in a day.
For the treatment of severe anxiety, you can take 20 - 25 mg of Librium orally with water 3 - 4 times in a day. For the treatment of alcohol withdrawal symptoms, you can take 50 to 100 mg of Librium orally with water, which can be followed by repeated doses until the control of agitation.
Its misuse can cause addiction, overdose, and even death.
In case of missed dose-
If you miss the dose of Librium then take it as soon as you remember but skip the missed dose if the time is near to the next scheduled dose.
In the case of overdose - Its overdose can cause the critical condition. Call your doctor immediately if you come across such conditions.
What Are The Side Effects Of Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg)?
After taking Librium tablets 25 mg, you may suffer side effects as:
- Dry mouth
- Changes in appetite
- Blurred vision
- Changes libido
You may suffer serious side effects as tremors, irregular heartbeat, difficult breathing. Contact your doctor immediately if you observe such side effects.
What Are The Contraindications Of Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg)?
- It is contradictory to use Librium tablets 25 mg in pregnancy and lactation period.
- It is contradictory to use Librium tablets 25 mg if you have heart, liver, kidney and another major disease.
- It is contradictory to use Librium tablets 25 mg in case you suffer allergies to any of its components.
- It is contradictory to use Librium tablets 25 mg in case you are using other medicine whether they are herbal or non-herbal.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg)?
- Oral contraceptives
- Valproic acid
What Are The Precautions For Using Librium 25 MG Tablets (Chlordiazepoxide 25mg)?
- Abstain from the use of alcohol after taking Librium tablets 25 mg as this increase the risk of side effects.
- After taking theses capsule abstain from doing the activities that need you to be alert and active as this may lead to injuries due to dizziness
- If your age is, less than 18 years then do not use these tablets.
- Got Relief From Anxiety Review by Nicoo Barel