Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
Lioresal 10 mg tablets contain Generic Baclofen as its active ingredient, which is used for the treatment of muscle spasms caused by certain conditions as multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injury. Lioresal 10 mg tablets acts by relaxing the muscles and decreasing the frequency of muscle spasms.
What Is The Mechanism Of Action Of Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
Generic Baclofen is a gamma-amino-butyric acid derivative, which promotes the GABA-B receptors resulting in reduced frequency of muscle spasms. It blocks both monosynaptic and polysynaptic reflexes at the spinal cord by causing hyperpolarization of terminals. This ultimately provides muscle relaxation and show anti-spasmatic effects.
What Is Dosing Regimen Of Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
Start Lioresal with the dose of 40 mg in the day that can be increased up to 80 mg in a day depending on the need and tolerance of a patient. You need to take it orally with the help of water with or without food.
In the case of missed dose: if you miss any dose of Lioresal then take it as soon as possible but skip it if it is almost the time for next dose. Never double the dose.
In the case of overdose- Never take its overdose all this will cause emergency conditions. Rush to your doctor if you suffer such conditions.
What Are The Contraindications Of Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
- It is contrary to use these tablets if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as this will pass to the fetus and nursing baby and will cause dangerous effects.
- It is contrary to use these tablets if you are using other prescribed or nonprescribed medicine to avoid the drug interactions.
- It is contrary to use Lioresal tablets 10 mg if you have allergies to their components.
- It is contrary to use Lioresal tablets 10 mg if you have kidney problems, nervous system problem or mood problems.
What Are The Storage Conditions For Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
- Store Lioresal Tablets at a cool place away from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Keep these tablets away from the reach of children.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
Following are some of the drugs that may interact with Lioresal tablets 10 mg and cause drug interaction resulting in a change in effeicie3ncy of medicine:
- Antipsychotic drugs - Chlorpromazine, Clozapine,
- Anti-diabetes medicines - Glyburide, Insulin
- Barbiturates - Phenobarbital
- Benzodiazepines - Alprazolam, Diazepam, Lorazepam
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors - Moclobemide
What Are The Side Effects Of Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
Side effects of Lioresal tablets 10 mg are back pain, increased salivation, muscle weakness, constipation, drowsiness, fatigue, headache, diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
Major side effects of Lioresal are rashes hives, tightness in the chest, difficulty breathing, vision problems, irregular heartbeat, abnormal thoughts or movements, chest pain, confusion, decreased urination, and hallucinations.
What Are The Precautions Of Lioresal 10 MG Tablets (Baclofen 10mg)?
- Avoid the use of alcohol after taking these tablets as they cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Avoid doing unsafe tasks like driving after taking Lioresal tablets 10 mg to prevent the chances of accidents.
- People below the age of 18 and above 65 years should not use these tablets.
- Never stop using Lioresal tablets 10 mg suddenly as his will cause withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor the change in doses before stopping it.