Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules
Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules is a medicine to treat fibromyalgia, spinal cord injury nerve pain, diabetic nerve pain, and pain after shingles. Lyrica 50mg / 25mg capsules are also used to treat the partial onset seizures in adults. It works by decreasing the nerve signals of damaged nerves in the body. Lyrica 50mg / 25mg capsules contain Generic Pregabalin as its active ingredient.
Mechanism of Action of Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules
Pregabalin interacts with alpha2-delta site in central nervous system and decreases the calcium-dependent release of neurotransmitters, by altering the calcium channel functions. Thus, it reduces the electric signals send by the damaged nerves to reach the brain. Hence, the patient does not feel the pain of damaged nerves.
The Dosing Regimen of Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules
Adult dose for diabetic neuropathy -You can start with the initial dose of 50 mg to be taken orally thrice a day. That can be increased to 100 mg in a day within 1 week. Its maximum dose is 100 mg thrice in a day.
Adult Dose for Postherpetic Neuralgia- You can start with the dose of 75 mg orally twice in a day that can be increased to 100 mg orally thrice a day within 1 week.
Adult Dose for Fibromyalgia -You can start with the dose 75 mg orally twice a day that can be increased to 150 mg orally twice a day.
Adult Dose for Neuropathic Pain- You can start with the initial dose of 75 mg orally twice a day that can be increased to 150 mg orally twice a day within 1 week.
The doses can only be increased based on tolerability of a person. Take Lyrica every day at the same time to prevent the chances of missing a dose. You can take Lyrica with or without food. Never take two doses at the same time. If you miss a dose then take it as soon as possible otherwise, skip the dose if it is almost the time for next dose. After taking an overdose of Lyrica accidentally, rush to the doctor. You should never stop taking Lyrica suddenly without the recommendation of a doctor because it may cause withdrawal symptoms like nausea, diarrhea, trouble sleeping, headaches, or increased sweating.
Contraindications of Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules
- Women in gestation and lactation period should not use Lyrica as it can pass to the unborn and nursing baby and can cause harmful effects.
- If you have a history of suicidal thoughts, depression, heart, liver, or kidney diseases then you should not use Lyrica 50mg / 25mg capsules.
- If you are using other medicines then do not take Lyrica without the recommendation of a doctor.
- If you are planning to become a father then do not use Lyrica 50mg / 25mg capsules.
Drug Interaction of Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules
- Taking Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor along with Lyrica, increase the risk of swelling and hives
- Using Lyrica capsules 50mg/25mg with hypoglycemic drugs like Rosiglitazone or Pioglitazone can increase the risk of swelling of your hands or feet or weight gain.
- Taking narcotic pain medicine as Oxycodone, tranquilizers as Lorazepam can increase the risk of dizziness and sleepiness.
Side Effects of Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules
Some of the common side effects of Lyrica capsules 50mg/25mg are dizziness, tremors, dry mouth, and constipation problems with memory swelling, drowsiness, or loss of coordination.
If you observe any serious side effect as easy bleeding, vision problem or muscle pain then contact your physician.
Precautions For Using Lyrica 25 MG / 50 MG Capsules
- It is cautious to use alcohol after taking Lyrica, as this will increase the risk of adverse effects.
- It is cautious to drive and operate machinery after taking the Lyrica capsules 50mg / 25mg as this lead to injuries due to drowsiness.
- Patients below the age of 18 years should not use Lyrica capsules 50mg / 25mg.