Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets
Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets is used widely for the treatment of pain in people suffering from fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a bewildering and often incapacitating disorder that causes long-term, widespread muscle pain and tenderness, overwhelming tiredness and weakness, but the treatment is as effective. Lyrica 75mg, 150mg tablets is also extensively used to treat patients with seizures, pain from shingles, diabetic neuropathy, post-herpetic neuralgia, and nerve pain arising from spinal cord injuries. Lyrica tablets 75mg, 150mg treats convulsion in epilepsy by slowing down impulses in the brain that cause seizures, it also affects chemicals in the brain that send pain signals across the nervous system.
How Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets Works Inside Body?
Lyrica 75mg, 150mg tablets contains an FDA approved drug, pregabalin as its active therapeutic moiety. Pregabalin calms down overly sensitive nerve cells by reducing the frequency and intensity of nerve impulses. Pregabalin works on GABA receptors (alpha2-delta subunits) and exerts anticonvulsant and CNS depressant activities. It is a powerful agent to neutralize pain arising from nerve damage. Pregabalin binds with high affinity to the GABA receptors that contain voltage-gated calcium channels. It increases extracellular GABA concentrations in the brain and brings about the inhibitory response that relieves pain and excitation of the brain.
Dosing Information Of Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets
For the treatment of Fibromyalgia, the recommended dose of Lyrica is 300 to 450 mg per day. Initiate the therapy with 75 mg of Lyrica taken two times a day. The dose can be increased to 300 mg per day i.e. 150 mg taken twice a day for 1 week based on efficacy and tolerability. If you still do not experience sufficient benefit then, increase the dosing further to 225 mg taken twice a day. Doses above 450mg are not advised as it does not increase the response but may in turn increase the side effects.
For Neuropathic pain associated with Diabetes maximum recommended dose of Lyrica is 300mg per day, taken in three-divided dosage of 150mg each. Start the dosing with 50 mg of Lyrica taken three times a day.
For partial onset seizure, take 150 to 600 mg per day in divided doses.
Contraindications Of Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets
Certain medical complications that do not entertain the use of Lyrica 75mg, 150mg tablets are
- congestive heart failure
- Kidney disease
- Bleeding disorder
- Low platelets levels in your blood
- Depression or suicidal thoughts
- Hypersensitivity towards Pregabalin
Drug Interaction Of Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets
Certain drugs that may interact with Lyrica 75mg, 150mg tablets are
- Sodium oxybate
Side Effects Related To Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets
Certain side effects that may temporarily cause discomfort in few of the users of Lyrica tablets 75mg, 150mg are infection, constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, headache, peripheral edema, tremor, weight gain, cough, diarrhea, difficulty with swallowing, dizziness, fast heartbeat, hives, itching.
Precautions While Taking Lyrica 75 MG / 150 MG Tablets
- It is not known whether Lyrica tablets 75mg, 150mg will harm an unborn baby, but if you are taking this medicine to prevent seizures, which may harm the baby if they come, then, do not start or stop Lyrica without doctor's advice.
- Whether Lyrica tablets 75mg, 150mg passes in breast milk or not is not known, stop taking Lyrica if you are a nursing mother.
- Do not give this medication to anyone younger than 18 years.
- Abstain from alcohol while using Lyrica tablets 75mg, 150mg as it may increase the side effects.
- Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert, until you know how you react with Lyrica tablets.
- Amazing shipping of medications Review by Julliana