Your Cart Is Empty!
- Home /
- Buy Maxalt 5 MG (Rizact) Tablets - Generic Rizatriptan 5 MG Tablets Online
Brief Overview About Maxalt 5 MG Tablets (Rizatriptan 5mg)
The generic of Maxalt 5 MG Tablets is Rizatriptan, which is especially intended for treating migraine headache, which is defined as a condition of narrowing of blood vessels that cause headache, nausea, sensitivity to light, and sound. It will not lessen number of headaches. Generic Rizatriptan comes under the class of triptans. Maxalt 5 mg Rizatriptan tablets affect natural substances such as serotonin that causes narrowing of blood vessels. It alleviates pain caused by certain nerves. Use this only when your headache is confirmed that it is of migraine category.
Mechanism Of Action Maxalt 5 MG Tablets (Rizatriptan 5mg)
Rizatriptan functions by coupling up with 5-HT1B/1D receptors. These receptors are located on the intracranial blood vessels and sensory nerves of trigeminal system. With this binding, it alleviates migraine headaches.
Dosage Of M Maxalt 5 MG Tablets (Rizatriptan 5mg)
The initial dosage of Maxalt is about 5 mg or 10 mg for acute migraine treatment. If migraine headache is back then second dose can be given after two hours gap period. The highest daily dose must not exceed 30 mg in 24 hours.
Dosing scheme in pediatric patients (6-17 years): The dosing depends upon the body weight. The strength is 5 mg in patients who weight less than 40 kgs.
Missed dose: It does not have a daily dosing; you have to take it when required for migraine attack.
Contraindications To Maxalt 5 MG Tablets (Rizatriptan 5mg)
You should not use Maxalt 5 mg Rizatriptan tablets if you have:
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- History of heart attack
- Circulation problem
- Allergies with Rizatriptan
- History of coronary artery disorder, or angina
- Used MAO inhibitor in past 14 days
Possibly Drug Interact With Maxalt 5 MG Tablets (Rizatriptan 5mg)
Some drugs that may highly cause interaction are as:
- Narcotic (an opioid medicine)
- Medicine to prevent depression
- Medicine for nausea and vomiting
- Medicine to prevent psychiatric disorder
Safety Measures About Maxalt 5 MG Tablets (Rizatriptan 5mg)
- People who are less than 6 years should not use Maxalt 5 mg Rizatriptan tablets
- Keep a gap of 24 hours when you have taken one medication of 30 mg.
- Maintain an interval of two hours before you consume second dose.
- Ask your doctor if you have any medical condition
- Before using in pregnancy and in lactating mothers, ask your doctor.
- Be careful of task that needs proper alertness.
- Do not consume more or less than recommended.
Harmful Effects Of Maxalt 5 MG Tablets (Rizatriptan 5mg)
Some aftermaths that will precipitate with the usage of Maxalt 5 mg Rizatriptan tablets are tired feeling, pain or pressure feeling inside the throat, drowsiness, dizziness, severe stomach pain, cold feeling or numbness, high serotonin levels, heart attack symptoms, and high blood pressure.