Your Cart Is Empty!
What Is The Use Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills?
Mifeprex Abortion Pills are the commonly used abortion pills for the termination of pregnancy up to 7 weeks. Mifeprex contains generic Mifepristone as its generic moiety, which works by inhibiting the progesterone hormone required for the continuation of pregnancy. Mifeprex is much more easy, safe and efficient than other abortion methods. It can be used at home in privacy without the trouble of admitting at the hospital.
What Is The Mechanism Of Action Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills?
Mifepristone is a progesterone antagonist that blocks the actions of progesterone hormone, which has a vital role in the continuity of pregnancy. Progesterone hormone helps in the growth of fetus by providing nutrition to it in the mother's womb. It also causes the shrinkage of the uterine wall, the dilation and softening of the cervix. All these actions lead to the detachment of fetus from mother's womb. Hence it ultimately results in the abortion.
What Is The Dosing Regimen Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills?
Mifeprex pack contains three pills of Mifepristone 200mg each, which are to be taken orally as a single dose with water on empty stomach. After two days, you have to visit the clinic for the confirmation of complete abortion. If an incomplete abortion is reported then you need to take two pills of Misoprostol 200mcg each as a single dose orally or vaginally. Again, after two days you have visit your doctor for a medical checkup for the affirmation of complete abortion. Do not forget to remove the IUD while using Mifeprex. Take complete rest and nutritious diet for early recovery. Normal household work can be done but avoid doing laborious activities.
What Are The Side Effects Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills?
Common side effects of Mifeprex are nausea, vomiting, headache, weakness, abdominal pain, heavy vaginal bleeding, breast tenderness and back pain.
Major Side Effects Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills
Contact your doctor if you observe extreme pelvic pain, big blood clots in vaginal bleeding or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
What Are The Contraindications Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills?
- It is contradictory to use Mifeprex in case you are a patient of asthma, epilepsy, migraine, bleeding, liver, lung, heart or kidney disease.
- It is contradictory to use Mifeprex if you have an allergy to any of its ingredients.
- It is contrary to use Mifeprex in case you are taking other medicines.
- It is contrary to use Mifeprex in breastfeeding as it can harm the nursing baby.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills?
Using following drug with Mifeprex will change its efficiency:
- Anticoagulants like Warfarin and corticosteroids as Hydrocortisone as it will increase the chances of side effects like abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Antifungal as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole as this will elevate the risk of side effects.
- Anticonvulsants as Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Dexamethasone, Rifampin, will reduce the efficiency of Mifeprex.
What Are The Precautions Of Mifeprex Abortion Pills
- Abstain from the sensual activity until the vaginal bleeding completely stops as this can cause pregnancy and painful intercourse.
- Avoid the use of alcohol while using Mifeprex as this will worsen your health.
- Women having an ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the womb) should not use Mifeprex.
- Girls below 18 years of age should not use Mifeprex.