Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Summary Of MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol)
MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol) is a proficient remedy that helps a woman in terminating an unwanted gestation. Pregnancy during the early duration of up to 9weeks or 63days is annihilated by using MTP Kit. MTP Kit is made of total five abortion pills of two generics for executing abortion in a safe, secure and successful manner. Terminating an early pregnancy using abortion pills like MTP Kit is called as a medical method of abortion, which is much safer than surgical method and you do not require hospitalization.
How Does MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol) Work?
MTP Kit consists of Mifepristone and Misoprostol as generics. Mifepristone blocks the action of progesterone hormone in order to shed the endometrium and detach the growing embryo. This causes the pregnancy to end. Later, with Misoprostol use, the uterus will contract and the cervix widens so that the abortion contents can exit easily from the body in the form of vaginal bleeding having blood clots.
What Is The Dosing Schedule Of MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol)?
MTP Kit is made of 1pill of Mifepristone of 200mg strength that should be taken first orally with water without taking the food. Then two days after, take remaining 4pills of Misoprostol each of 200mcg strength either with the oral route or with vaginal insertion. Then 14days later, you have to visit the physician for the medical checkup in order to confirm the completion of abortion.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol)?
Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Erythromycin, Dexamethasone, Rifampin, Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, and Magnesium-containing antacids are some common drugs that show interaction with MTP Kit pills. Hence, you should not use these drugs with MTP Kit pills. In addition, grapefruit juice should also be avoided while using MTP Kit pills because it inhibits the metabolism of the medications.
What Are The Side Effects Of MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol)?
Strong abdominal cramps, heavy vaginal bleeding, nausea, headache, dizziness, blurred vision, back pain, weakness, vomiting, and headache are some commonly observed side effects of MTP Kit. If any of the side effects worsen or you suffer any other serious complications then consult the physician.
When Should You Not Take MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol)?
- Breastfeeding women and girls below 18years of age should not take MTP Kit.
- You should not take MTP Kit if you have any medical complication regarding liver, kidney, heart, blood pressure or bleeding disorder.
- If you have any allergic reaction to any constituent of MTP Kit, then do not use this kit.
- You should not use MTP Kit pills while using IUD (Intrauterine device).
- Women with ectopic pregnancy should not take MTP Kit for pregnancy termination.
What Safety Precautions Should Be Taken While Using MTP Kit (Mifepristone And Misoprostol)?
- You should avoid alcohol consumption while using MTP Kit.
- Maintain a healthy diet, take rest, and do not indulge in any laborious task so that you can recover fast.
- Until you stop the bleeding, stay away from sexual intimacy else, this can cause infection of the risk of pregnancy soon again.
- It is cautious to use MTP Kit pills during asthma, inherited porphyria, or chronic adrenal failure.
- MTP is best choise to end unwanted pregnancy Review by Marinda
- Safe product for abortion Review by Lera Kachroo