Your Cart Is Empty!
What is the role of Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection?
Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection is an efficient medication that fulfills your dream of becoming a mother by treating your anovulatory infertility. Ovidac is also efficient in treating hypogonadism in males by enhancing the amount of testosterone in the body. Besides treating fertility issues Ovidac is quite effective and popular in the treatment of cryptorchidism in young boys aged 4-9. Generic human chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a main functional constituent available in Ovidac 10,000 IU injection.
What is the working mechanism of Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection?
Ovidac comprises of generic human chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) as the chief functional constituent. The HCG functions similar to pituitary LH and FSH. It stimulates the production of gonadal steroidal hormones in both men and women. HCG stimulates the Leydig cells of the testes to produce testosterone and corpus luteum of the ovary to produce progesterone.
What is the dosing regimen of Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection?
The recommended dose of Ovidac is 10,000 IU accessible in a parenteral dosage form.
- The dose for treating anovulatory infertility in women: For treating anovulatory infertility occurring in women, you need to take 5000-10,000IU, intramuscularly following the last day of menotropins.
- The dose for the treatment of hypogonadism in males: For treating hypogonadism in males, take 500-1000 units IM, thrice a week for three weeks, followed by the same dose twice a week for three weeks.
- The dose for treating cryptorchidism in young boys: For treating cryptorchidism in boys age 4-9, take 4000 units of Ovidac IM three times a week for three weeks.
What are the contraindications of Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection?
- Do not use Ovidac if you are allergic to HCG or any other ingredient present in the medication.
- Do not use Ovidac if you have any hormonal imbalance or disorder of thyroid gland.
- In the presence of any renal or hepatic disorder, do not use Ovidac.
What are the adverse effects likely to occur with the use of Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection?
The commonly occurring noxious effects of Ovidac are nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, and an increase in appetite, weight gain, and blurring of vision.
What are the drug interactions of Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection?
- Certain hormonal preparations such as follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormones (LH) may interact with the use of Ovidac.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages and other sedatives are inadvisable to be used with Ovidac.
- Thyroid medications such as T3, T4 may interfere with the functioning of Ovidac.
- Corticosteroids such as prednisone, cortisone should not be used along with Ovidac.
What are the safety measures to follow with the use of Ovidac 10,000 IU HCG Injection?
- Driving and performing a strenuous task such as handling heavy equipment during the use of Ovidac is inadvisable.
- Ovidac increases the hazard of multiple births; therefore consult your doctor before using Ovidac.
- Lactating mothers should not use Ovidac.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol while using Ovidac.
- Women below the age of 18 years should not use Ovidac.