Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Description About Plan B Morning After Pill
If you engaged into unprotected intimacy with partner and fear of pregnancy then emergency contraceptive by the name of Plan B Morning After Pill or Emergency Contraceptive Pill is there to help you out. It is also known as the emergency contraceptive pill and you have to take it out in the period of 72 hours after having unprotected intimacy with a partner. It shows the best result if taken early in the morning after having unprotected intimacy. Therefore, it is also called as the morning after pill. It is a very popular one-step pill to avoid unwanted pregnancy after having intimacy. You can also take it if you forget to take one or two pills of birth control pill or failure of IUD device.
Working Action Of Plan B Morning After Pill
Plan B tablets enclose the medicine Levonorgestrel, a synthetic form of the female hormone as a main functional moiety. It shows its action by preventing ovulation i.e. the discharge of an egg from an ovary. This medication also causes a modification in your cervical mucus and uterine lining, making it impossible for sperm to arrive at the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to connect to the uterus.
How To Take The Plan B Morning After Pill?
It consists of one tablet of 1.5 mg of Levonorgestrel that women need to taken orally with an enormous amount of water as soon as possible before completion of unprotected intimacy. Plan B One-Step can diminish the risk of pregnancy by up to 89%. If you consume Plan B One-Step within 24 hours, it is about 95% successful. It is not effective than another contraceptive, so never take it as a regular backup.
Side Effects Of Plan B Morning After Pill
Potential side effects of Plan B One-Step include:
- abdominal pain
- menstrual changes
- breast tenderness
Warning And Precautions While Using Plan B Morning After Pill
- The women having an allergic reaction with Levonorgestrel or any other ingredient of the drug.
- If you are already pregnant or breastfeeding to the baby then do not consume the Plan B medication.
- If you vomit out within 2 hours of taking the dose then go for another tablet within a period of 12 hours.
- It makes your period lesser than previous or heavier, and if period did not occur in a period of 3 weeks then go for a pregnancy test.
- Avoid taking alcohol within a period of 72 hours of taking Plan B pill.
- The intake of Plan B in girls before the age of 18 years is strictly prohibited.
- Plan B will not defend you from sexually transmitted diseases--including HIV and AIDS. Therefore, take other precaution like a condom.
Drug Interaction Of Plan B Morning After Pill
Rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate, Rimactane); a barbiturate like as amobarbital (Amytal), butabarbital (Butisol), mephobarbital (Mebaral), secobarbital (Seconal), or phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton); or seizure medicines such as phenytoin (Dilantin), or Carbamazepine (Tegretol) are some drug that show drug interaction, so better to confer with your doctor before taking any medication.