Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Narration Of Susten 200mg/2ml Injection
Susten 200mg/2ml Injection is an astounding remedy used by women to maintain their pregnancy by supporting the gestation. Susten is a medication that is employed in the case of recurrent miscarriages, abnormal uterine bleeding and in treating amenorrhea. Susten finds in use in the treatment of inoperable advanced endometrial carcinoma as well. Susten constitutes generic progesterone as the main functional constituent.
Working Mechanism Of Susten 200mg/2ml Injection
Susten comprises of progesterone as the chief active constituent. Progesterone belongs to the class of endogenous steroids and is involved in the maintenance of pregnancy. Progesterone works by n women transforming a proliferative endometrium into a secretory one. Progesterone is necessary for the development of decidual tissue helps in the implantation of an embryo. After the implantation of an embryo, progesterone acts to maintain the pregnancy. Progesterone also stimulates the enlargement of mammary alveolar tissue and relaxes the smooth muscle present in the uterus.
Dosing Regimen Of Susten 200mg/2ml Injection
The recommended dose of Susten is 200mg in a 1ml injection form given intramuscularly (IM).
- The dose for the treatment of recurrent miscarriages: For treating the troubles of recurrent miscarriages, take 5-100 mg of Susten twice a week from the 15th day of pregnancy until 8-16 weeks.
- The dose for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding: For treating abnormal uterine bleeding, take 45 mg every other day from the 15th-25th day of the cycle. Increase the dose of Susten to 90 mg in non-responding females
- The dose for the treatment of amenorrhea: For treating amenorrhea, take 45 mg on every alternate day from the 15th-25th day of the cycle.
Contraindications Of Susten 200mg/2ml Injection
- Do not use Susten in case you are allergic top any of the constituent present in this medication
- In the presence of any liver or kidney disease, do not use Susten.
- Women suffering from depression or other mood disorders should stay away from Susten.
- If you are suffering from asthma, seizures or epilepsy then using Susten is inadvisable.
Drug Interactions Of Susten 200mg/2ml Injection
- Do not take other hormonal medications such as Premarin (estrogen) along with Susten.
- Medications such as blood thinners like Coumadin, Warfarin interact with Susten, therefore avoid using these two together.
Noxious Effects Of Susten 200mg/2ml Injection
The commonly occurring noxious effects with the use of Susten are dizziness, drowsiness, breast tenderness, mood changes, headache, constipation, heartburn, diarrhea, bloating, edema, hot flashes and vaginal discharge.
Safety Measures To Follow With The Use Of Susten 200mg/2ml Injection
- Do not use Susten if you are a lactating mother as it can pass into the breast milk.
- Performing strenuous tasks and driving vehicle is inadvisable during the use of Susten.
- Do not consume alcohol and other sedatives along with Susten as it can aggravate the risk of side effects.
- A woman below the age of 18 years needs expert medical supervision to use Susten.