Your Cart Is Empty!
Understanding About Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection
Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection is used as the estrogen substituent in the body for the hormonal replacement therapy when the bodies are not able to produce enough of estrogen. The lack of estrogen production leads to menopausal symptoms like as hot flushes, vaginal dryness, itching night sweats, sleeplessness, and mood disorders. It is also used to avoid postmenopausal osteoporosis and as replacement hormone therapy for women with ovarian disarray which reason a hormone deficiency. To some extent, it is also prescribed to treat symptoms of advanced androgen-dependent carcinoma prostate cancer.
Working Action Of Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection
Progynon Depot 10mg vials enclose oestradiol valerate, a man-made form of naturally occurring estradiol, which is the main and most active type of the female sexual hormone estrogen and is geologically related to the natural hormone. estrogen is a steroid hormone developed by the ovaries that attach to specific receptors within oestrogen-responsive cells and stimulates them to compose proteins concerned in producing secondary sexual characteristics, like as breast development and in regulating the menstrual cycle.
How To Use Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection?
Each vial of injection encloses of 10mg estradiol valerate in a sterile oil solution, which is a long-acting estrogen formulation for intramuscular use by injection. Consume Progynon Depot as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advisable to stop taking it or change the dosage without your doctor's endorsement. Take it for the entire time as approved by your doctor. The standard dose is one injection every 4 weeks, and treatment should be continuing for few months.
Side Effects Linked With Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection
Some anxious side effects are linked with the use of Progynon Depot like as of breast tenderness, breast pain, abdominal pain, nausea, weight changes, bloating, edema, and headache, skin rash and itching, insomnia and depression.
Drug Interaction Linked With Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection
Most of the medication shows interaction with Oestradiol, hence some medication needs to be avoided without doctor consultation.
Medication needs to be avoided are as follow-
- Clarithromycin or similar antibiotics
- Ketoconazole or other Azole antifungal medications
Conflicting Factors Of Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection
The medication needs to be avoided under some condition like as-
- Have Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Have Allergies to Progynon Depot or any of its ingredients
- Have Breast cancer
- Have Heart disease
- History of blood clots
- Hormone-related cancers
- Have Liver Disease
- Or pregnant and breastfeeding
Safety Measures Of Progynon Depot 10mg/ml Injection
- The injection of Progynon Depot can amplify the hazard of developing uterine, ovarian and breast cancer. Therefore, consult with your doctor on regular basis for breast examination.
- Progynon Depot and other hormone therapy drugs may amplify the danger of heart attack, stroke, and blood clots. So consult with a doctor if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol and obesity issues.
- Avoid intake of alcoholic beverages with Progynon Depot injection.