Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Provera 10 MG Tablets (Medroxyprogesterone 10mg)
In some females, the progesterone level decreases all of a sudden; this shows its effect on their menstrual cycle and imbalances it. They encounter menstrual problems such as deficient in menstrual period or abnormal bleeding. Provera 10 MG tablets are the praised medicine used to treat these menstrual problems. Provera as a progestin hormone alters the lining of the uterine wall. Provera Besides the use in menstrual disorder also used to bring down the risk of uterine cancer in the females who rely on estrogens.
Mechanism of Action of Provera 10 MG Tablets (Medroxyprogesterone 10mg)
Medroxyprogesterone is the main ingredient that is present in the medication Provera. Medroxyprogesterone is a synthetic progestin that binds to the progesterone receptor and diffuses freely into the target cells of mammary glands, hypothalamus, pituitary, and female reproductive tract. Upon binding to the receptor, it slows down the release of GnRH (Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone) from the hypothalamus and decreases the pre-ovulatory LH (Luteinizing Hormone) surge.
Dosing scheme to engulf Provera 10 MG Tablets (Medroxyprogesterone 10mg)
Provera for treating the menstrual problem is taken in the dose of 5 mg to 10 mg daily with plenty of water. The treatment with Provera is continued for about 5 to 10 days. Only a single dose of Provera tablets are to be engulfed and the gap between two doses should be at least 24 hours. The bleeding usually occurs after 3 to 7 days of finished Provera therapy.
Drug Interactions with Provera 10 MG Tablets (Medroxyprogesterone 10mg)
The drugs that can show drug interaction with the Provera 10 mg medicine include drugs affecting liver enzyme (such as Rifampin, St. John's wort), Azole antifungal (like Itraconazole), Aminoglutethimide, or anti-seizures medicines such as Carbamazepine, Phenobarbital, and Phenytoin.
Contraindications with Provera 10 MG Tablets (Medroxyprogesterone 10mg)
Do not put in use Provera drug if any of the following medical conditions occurs in the patient:
- If allergic to any of the ingredient of Provera medicine
- If the female have undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
- If the female presently or in the past have come across blood clotting
- If the female is suspected with estrogen or progesterone-dependent cancer or breast cancer
- If she is having the past with liver disorders
- If she had been treated for a heart attack within the past 12 months
Storage Conditions For Provera 10 MG Tablets (Medroxyprogesterone 10mg)
Provera tablets 10 mg are to be kept in an airtight container at room temperature. Do not let heats, moisture, light, and children encounter Provera tablets.
Preventive Measures Along With The Use Of Provera 10 MG Tablets
- Thinking of becoming pregnant while relying on Provera tablets 10 mg is not a good thought.
- Provera tablets 10 mg can enter into the breast milk and harm the baby, so avoid feeding the baby during Provera medication.
- Provera may affect the blood sugar level; therefore, diabetic patients should consult the doctor before using Provera tablets 10 mg.
- Dizziness and drowsiness are the effects that Provera can show, so a female should avoid doing unsafe tasks in which proper concentration is needed.
- Provera tablets 10 mg can lead to the formation of dark skin patches, which may get worse if exposed to the sun.
Side Effects Along With Provera 10 MG Tablets (Medroxyprogesterone 10mg)
A female treating her menstrual problems with Provera tablets may sometimes observe some side effects including change in menstrual flow, breakthrough bleeding, spotting, acne, breast pain, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, missed periods, mild fluid retention, hair loss, vomiting, nervousness, sleeplessness, stomach cramps, or weight loss or gain.