Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 2mg)
Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets is a muscle relaxant moiety that is helpful in treating muscle spasticity in adult patients. Generic Tizanidine is the functional component of Zanaflex 2 mg tablets that treats muscle spasms caused because of conditions such as spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, or ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). Zanaflex tablets 2 mg helps in relaxing the muscles from spasticity and thus eases the pain.
What Is The Action Mechanism Of Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 2mg)?
Generic Tizanidine present in Zanaflex 2mg medicine is an agonist of alpha-2-adrenergic receptor and thus reduces spasticity by enhancing the presynaptic inhibition of motor nerve cells. Thus, facilitation of spinal motor neurons is reduced because of overall effects of the medication. Mainly, Zanaflex 2 mg (Tizanidine) tablets inhibit the pain sensations via blocking the nerve impulses that send signals to the brain. Hence, assists in relieving pain.
What Is The Dosing Regimen Of Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 2mg)?
Zanaflex 2mg is an orally administered tablet formulation that should be taken using water and with or without the food. The dosing regimen for spasticity in adult patients of above than 18years of age is 2mg once daily that can be increased by 2mg at every 3-4days interval up to 24mg daily given in 3-4divided doses. The maximum limit of the dose is 8mg per dose and 24mg per day.
Missed dose: Take your missed dose of Zanaflex tablets whenever you get it in mind but only before your next dosing. If it is already the time near to your next dose then you should not take it and skip it continuing your regular dosing.
Overdose: More than 1tablet of Zanaflex can cause excessive sedation and make you addicted to the medicine. Thus, do not ever take more than the suggested dose of Zanaflex else, this can lead to serious health issues. In case, you have taken mistakenly the overdose then immediately consult the physician.
What Are The Drug Interactions Of Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 2mg)?
- Baclofen (Lioresal)
- Triazolam (Halcion)
- Diazepam (Valium)
- Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone)
- Propafenone (Rythmol)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet)
- Birth control pills
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro)
- Fluvoxamine (Luvox)
Inform your physician when you are taking any other medication, nutritional supplements or any herbal products.
What Are The Adverse Effects Of Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 2mg)?
- Runny nose
- Dry mouth
When Should You Not Take Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 2mg)?
- You should not take Zanaflex tablets 2 mg if you are in pregnancy and breastfeeding states.
- Children and geriatric people should not take Zanaflex tablets 2 mg.
- During hypersensitivity to any constituent of Zanaflex tablets 2 mg, you should not use this medication.
- Patients with kidney, liver, heart, bleeding or respiratory complications should not use Zanaflex 2mg medication.
What Precautions Should Be Taken Care While Using Zanaflex 2 MG Tablets?
- It is cautious to drink alcohol while using Zanaflex tablets 2 mg because it can cause intensification of side effects.
- You should avoid driving or any other such activity after using Zanaflex tablets 2 mg because of affected consciousness.
- Let your physician know if you are undergoing any surgery while relying on Zanaflex tablets 2 mg.
- You may encounter withdrawal symptoms if you are on a regular use of Zanaflex tablets 2 mg and then suddenly stop its use.