Your Cart Is Empty!
Brief Overview About Of Zanaflex 4 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 4mg)
Zanaflex 4 mg tablet is a remarkable remedy for the treatment of muscle spasms in your body. Zanaflex 4 mg tablets a short-acting muscle relaxant that treats the sore muscle and muscle spasms that occur in various condition such as multiple scleroses and in spinal cord injury. Zanaflex tablets 4 mg treats muscle spasticity and relaxes the muscle tone. Zanaflex tablets 4 mg constitutes Generic Tizanidine as the main active moiety.
Action Mechanism Of Zanaflex 4 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 4mg)
Tizanidine is the main functional constituent of the Zanaflex tablets 4 mg that acts by reducing the spasticity of the muscles by neither increasing pre-synaptic inhibition of norepinephrine through agonist action at a2-adrenergic receptor sites thereby reducing the amount of noradrenaline inside the cell leading to decrease in muscle tone and relaxation of the muscles.
Dosing Plan Of Zanaflex 4 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 4mg)
The recommended dose of Zanaflex is 4mg accessible in a tablet dosage form. To treat your muscle spasms you need to start the dosing at 2mg orally. Take a maximum of three doses in a day with a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose with an ample amount of water. Zanaflex may be taken with or without food. Do not take more than the prescribed dose to you. In the case of overdose, seek medical help immediately.
Contraindications Of Zanaflex 4 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 4mg)
- Do not use Zanaflex tablets 4 mg if you are allergic to any of the constituents present in this medicine.
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure or any liver or kidney disorder then using Zanaflex tablets 4 mg is inadvisable.
- If you have any abnormalities of the reproductive tract or are suffering from endometriosis, then using Zanaflex 4 mg is inadvisable.
- In the presence of any cardiovascular disorder or stomach and intestinal blockage kindly do not use Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.
Probable Drug Interactions Of Zanaflex 4 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 4mg)
- Drugs used for treating hypertension such as Clonidine and Methyldopa should not be used along with Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.
- Certain medications such as birth control pills and Ciprofloxacin interfere with the absorption of Zanaflex, therefore, using these medications together are inadvisable.
- Medications containing alcohol such as cough syrups and antihistamines such as Cetirizine and Diphenhydramine is inadvisable to use with Zanaflex as it can cause extreme dizziness.
- Anti-anxiety, medications such as Librium are inadvisable to use with Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.
- Other skeletal muscle relaxants such as diazepam should not be used concomitantly with Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.
Adverse Effects Seen With The Use Of Zanaflex 4 MG Tablets (Tizanidine 4mg)
The commonly seen adverse effects of Zanaflex tablets are dizziness, drowsiness, light-headedness, dry mouth, constipation, weakness, tiredness, nausea, and sedation.
Preventive Measures To Follow With The Use Of Zanaflex 4 MG Tablets
- Zanaflex makes you dizzy and drowsy so do not drive or perform strenuous tasks while using Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.
- Do not take alcoholic beverages and sedatives along with Zanaflex as it may aggravate the risk of side effects.
- Get up steadily from a lying position to prevent fall as Zanaflex can make your blood pressure drop.
- Do not stop taking Zanaflex all of a sudden, as it may exhibit withdrawal symptoms.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should stay away from Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.
- Geriatric people should consult their doctor before using Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.
- A person younger than 18 years of age should not use Zanaflex tablets 4 mg.